- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 large potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 stalks celery & leaves, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped or grated
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except white sauce and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add white sauce and stir until blended.
- White Sauce: Melt butter or margarine.
- Stir in flour and seasonings.
- When smooth, add milk slowly and stir constantly until thickened.