Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is very delicious and creamy. This should be cooked on low heat.
Make and share this Creamy Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 large potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 stalks celery & leaves, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped or grated
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- Saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except white sauce and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add white sauce and stir until blended.
- White Sauce: Melt butter or margarine.
- Stir in flour and seasonings.
- When smooth, add milk slowly and stir constantly until thickened.
This was a warm and hearty soup. This is a great soup to add leftover ham in. Yum!
very delicous! i made it for my family and they loved it!
Nice flavor and creamy texture. I did dissolve a chicken bouillon cube in the boiling water before adding it to the vegetables. It did take awhile for the white sauce to thicken, but it was worth all that stirring for the end result of a creamy, delicious soup.