Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup is great on those "cold" Florida nights! haha. I add more cheese and bacon than they call for sometimes too. :)
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- add onion, celery, carrot, saute' until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add potatoes, broth, salt and pepper, 3 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer uncovered until potatoes are tender, 15 minutes.
- Puree' soup in blender in batches, then return to saucepan and heat through.
- Ladle into bowl and top each serving with a piece crumbled cooked bacon and 1/8 cup cheese.