This soup is great on those "cold" Florida nights! haha. I add more cheese and bacon than they call for sometimes too. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- 2add onion, celery, carrot, saute' until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add minced garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- 4Add potatoes, broth, salt and pepper, 3 cups water and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to low, simmer uncovered until potatoes are tender, 15 minutes.
- 6Puree' soup in blender in batches, then return to saucepan and heat through.
- 7Ladle into bowl and top each serving with a piece crumbled cooked bacon and 1/8 cup cheese.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.6
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 583.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 14.5 g