Recipe by HappyCookingMommy
This soup is great on those "cold" Florida nights! haha. I add more cheese and bacon than they call for sometimes too. :)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery, cut
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups water
- 6 -8 slices bacon
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- add onion, celery, carrot, saute' until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add potatoes, broth, salt and pepper, 3 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer uncovered until potatoes are tender, 15 minutes.
- Puree' soup in blender in batches, then return to saucepan and heat through.
- Ladle into bowl and top each serving with a piece crumbled cooked bacon and 1/8 cup cheese.