Everyone has their own favorite potato soup recipe. This is mine! I got it from my friend Melanie who is an excellent cook. I like to puree ALL of the potatoes, but you certainly don't have to. Leave some chunky potatoes if you wish!
- In a large pot, saute the onion and celery in the butter until tender. (I use a stock pot/soup pot).
- Add potatoes and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil; boil covered until potatoes are fork tender (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- Puree in a blender or food processor until smooth; return to pot.
- Stir in Velveeta cheese, milk, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Cover and cook over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve and Enjoy! I like to serve this soup with homemade sourdough croutons. Yum!
Very yummy and perfect texture. I pureed about 90% of it, just leaving a few small chunks here and there. I garnished with chopped green onions. It was fabulous. Thanx for sharing!