Recipe by johnvac52
This recipe is served at an Elk's Club in Wisconsin.
Top Review by littlebaker
this was a wonderful recipe. the only things was that the carrots and onions tend to burn before they were cooked so i ended up having to add a little bit of water and then adding the milk before the potatoes were totally cooked. but beside that this recipe was fantastic. thank you so much and i will definately use this one again.
- 1⁄2 lb diced ham
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook the potatoes, onion, carrots and celery in margarine.
- Cover and cook over low heat about 20 minutes, or till potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the milk, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Stir together sour cream, flour and paprika; gradually stir about 1 cup of the hot mixture into the sour cream mixture.
- Add to the remaining hot mixture.
- Add Diced ham.
- Cook and stir just till mixture bubbles.