A wonderfully low-fat, creamy potato soup that's perfect for cool nights - but very easy to prepare!
- Start boiling potatoes.
- In a soup pot, saute the onions and celery over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes, until it is soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir constantly for a minute.
- Stir in the milk and vegetable broth; bring to a slow simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add paprika and season with salt and pepper.
- By this time, your potatoes should be done - you don't want them to be falling apart, but just fork-tender. Drain the potatoes and divide in half.
- Mash half of the potatoes and stir them into the soup. Simmer for another five minutes.
- Add the remaining potato chunks, and adjust seasonings to taste - I added a bit more pepper and another dash of smoked paprika.
- Serve with whatever toppings you like - bacon, fried onions, grated cheese, scallions, etc.