1/3 Photos of Creamy Potato Soup
A wonderfully low-fat, creamy potato soup that's perfect for cool nights - but very easy to prepare!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start boiling potatoes.
- 2In a soup pot, saute the onions and celery over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes, until it is soft.
- 3Add the garlic and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes.
- 4Add the flour and stir constantly for a minute.
- 5Stir in the milk and vegetable broth; bring to a slow simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 6Add paprika and season with salt and pepper.
- 7By this time, your potatoes should be done - you don't want them to be falling apart, but just fork-tender. Drain the potatoes and divide in half.
- 8Mash half of the potatoes and stir them into the soup. Simmer for another five minutes.
- 9Add the remaining potato chunks, and adjust seasonings to taste - I added a bit more pepper and another dash of smoked paprika.
- 10Serve with whatever toppings you like - bacon, fried onions, grated cheese, scallions, etc.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.3
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 150.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: