Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got the original recipe from a mail order cookbook and I have changed it to make my own.
- 2 lbs baking potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Peel & wash potatoes, cut into cubes.
- Put in pot and fill water just above potatoe level. Boil until soft.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon. And prepare mixture of dry ingredients.
- When potatoes are soft, drain but save the boiled water (it will get added back in later).
- In empty sauce, melt butter. Add onions and garlic, cook til tender.
- Add dry ingredients and milk to butter mix,stir.
- Add back cooked potatoes and bacon. Stir.
- Add in desired amount of water back in (depending on how thick you want your soup).
- Stir everything until all dry ingredients are completely dissolved.
- Let simmer 10-15 minute
- Let sit 5-8 minute until soup starts to thickin.
- Add cheese.
- Serve with cheese bread.