Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
When a warm bowl of soup is all that will warm a cold fall evening, this is a quick thick soup that is so easy but always requested. Great for the beginner or anyone in a hurry that still wants that homemade taste. This goes great with a tuna salad sandwich. Cooking time is approximate. Add more for a larger crowd or leftovers
- 4 -6 cups diced potatoes
- 2 quarts water
- 4 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Boil potatoes, onions and carrots in water until soft.
- Add cream of celery soup and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Add milk, butter and celery salt.
- Salt and pepper to taste.