Recipe by Heather Albert
This is a delicious and easy, thick and hearty soup that everyone loves! I have shared this recipe with friend and family and they all gave it 5 stars. I have found that anyone who tries this soup really enjoys it's flavor and hearty taste.
Top Review by Jada_mustang
I loved this recipe! I am new at cooking and didn't have any of the ingredients in other recipes, and I was glad that I tried this one! I did not put in any ham or bacon. I am not a big fan of meat. It turned out great! Thanks!
- 5 -6 potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onions (fine) or 1 small onion, chopped (fine)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- cracked red pepper (your desire, but you don't need allot)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup potato water
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof diced ham
- 1 -2 cup cheese (your desire, the more the creamier and thicker)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the peeled and diced potatoes.
- While boiling your potatoes melt your butter in a small frying pan then add your onions, minced garlic let that cook until the onions are translucent stirring occasionally.
- Add cracked red pepper and salt about half way through cooking the onions and garlic.
- Once the onions are translucent add the 3 tbsp flour and cook for 3-4 minutes then set aside.
- When your potatoes are done take and set aside 1 cup of the potato water and then drain the potatoes in a strainer and set aside.
- In the same pan put the potato water, 3 cups of milk and onion mixture, stir until blended.
- Add the sugar, ham, potatoes and cheese and stir some more.
- Let the cheese melt while cooking for about 15 minutes or so then enjoy!