Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This soup is very easy to make. I use a lot of Bear Creek soup mixes as a base for my soup, as they are nice and spicy. It is a dressed up soup mix. My GRANDSONS love it.
- 1 (11 ounce) bear creek creamy potato soup mix
- 3 large potatoes, cubed
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb ham, cubed
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cheese (Fiesta blend cheese)
- 1 (16 ounce) heavy cream
- Make soup according to package directions; keep on simmer.
- In frying pan, brown ham and onion.
- In large pan put the potatoes and carrots; cook until just tender.
- Now put this into the already made mix.
- Add the cream and cheese to all the ingredients; mix well and simmer until done.