Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple potato salad that packs a punch of flavour
- 2721.55 g desiree potatoes (red potatoes)
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise, good-quality whole-egg
- 59.14 ml dill, coarsely chopped fresh
- 59.14 ml parsley, coarsely chopped fresh continental
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 29.58 ml mint, finely chopped fresh
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly. Cut into halves or quarters.
- Use a fork to whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, parsley, garlic, mint, mustard and lemon juice in a large bowl until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes and green shallot in a large serving bowl. Spoon dressing over the potato mixture and gently toss until potatoes are well coated in dressing. Serve immediately.
- You can prepare this recipe to the end of step 2 up to 1 day ahead. Place in separate bowls, cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge. Continue from step 3, 1 hour before serving the main.
Dee-Licious. I also made a half amount for 2 people. I'll admit to skipping the mint (DH would not have touched it with mint). It's 32-C today and this has been chilling most of the day waiting for dinner but I had to sample, right? ....yummm! It is just the thing to go with grilled or bbq'ed meat. You ahead, indulge, you know you want to.
I made half of the recipe for the two of us and we loved it. The mint was a nice addition and one I wouldnt normally have thought of but it worked great for this potato salad. The dressing is very good and liked the addition of the shallots. Made and reviewed for ZWT8 - 2012.
Outstanding potato salad. This is one feisty, in your face kind of salad. I guess its the herbs. Love it!