1/4 Photos of Creamy Potato Salad with Dill, Lemon & Radishes
I generally only like one type of potato salad, but I tried this one once because it sounded interesting and I was thrilled with the result. It tastes incredibly light and refreshing and the radish adds a nice bite to it. It's my most requested potato salad recipe. From Fine Cooking magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs unpeeled smallish red potatoes, scrubbed
- kosher salt
- 2 stalks celery, inner ribs and their tender leaves,finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced radish (about 6 small radishes)
- 3 scallions, white and tender green parts chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (don't sub in dry - it won't be the same)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, well chilled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, zest of
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Place the potatoes in a saucepan with a large pinch of kosher salt, cover with water by an inch or two, bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat to medium, partially cover, and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- 3(Test for doneness by spearing the potato with a thin metal skewer. It should penetrate easily into the center of the potato and then slide right out. If the skewer lifts the potato out of the water, cook the potatoes a little longer.) Drain the potatoes and let them cool.
- 4When the potatoes are at room temperature, cut them into 3/4-inch chunks and put them in a mixing bowl.
- 5Add the celery, radishes, scallions and dill and fold to distribute; set aside.
- 6In a small bowl whisk the cream until frothy but not stiffened.
- 7Whisk in the mayonnaise and mustard, then add the lemon juice, zest, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the pepper.
- 8Pour the dressing over the salad and fold with a rubber spatula.
- 9Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 10Serve, or cover and chill for up to a day.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Potato Salad with Dill, Lemon & Radishes
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 894.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g