Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
A tasty Kraft Canada recipe that cuts the fat in this rich and creamy classic recipe for a simple summer time dish. The combination of calorie-wise dressings in place of all mayonnaise provides all the flavor and creamy texture of the traditional salad. The 55 minutes includes refrigeration time. A great make-ahead because it can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- 1 lb red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup Kraft Calorie-Wise Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip Calorie-Wise, salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender; drain. Rinse potatoes with cold water until cooled; drain again.
- Mix dressings and mustard in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes, egg, and onions; mix lightly. Cover.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
Excellent potato salad recipe that does not taste healthy! I made this last night for someone to take on a pinic today, but of course I had to have a taste today before I sent it off! I used a very spicy horseradish mustard and left out the yolk of the egg and used two cooked egg white shells instead. I also added some pepper and paprika for color. Very nice salad, will make again even for those who are not watching their waist!
i made this for 1 but used whole egg , it is a very good salad which i made the mistake of also making Picnic Potato Salad also , which blew me away it was awesome so comparing the 2 is not fair. this is a good salad to be in rotation i used caesar dressing for this one and i used skins also but next time would not
I got this from the Kraft USA website. The version I had called for 1/3 cup mayo (I used fat-free), and I thought it was creamy, but not too creamy, so I will keep the mayo at that amount in the future. I also used fat-free Zesty Italian dressing and 2 hard-boiled egg whites. It was very good and I love the texture of it. My recipe also said to refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, but personally, I think you need to let it refrigerate for longer - more like an hour and a half to two hours. Will definitely make again!