Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This has been a favorite in my family for years. I am asked quite often to bring it to bbq's and picnics.
- 6 medium potatoes (2 pounds)
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Cook potatoes in a covered saucepan in boiling water for 15-20 minutes, or until just tender; drain well.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- In a very large bowl combine celery, onion, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes and eggs.
- Toss lightly to mix.
- Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours.
I have made my potato salad like this for years. It is very flavorable. To help cut down on the calories, use fat-free mayonnaise and sour cream. You won't taste the difference with the vegetables and spices added.
A classic! Creamy and delicious indeed. The sour cream helps lessen the heaviness of the mayonnaise while keeping the salad moist. I used light sour cream. A crowd-pleaser for sure. Thanx!
I made this for a family get together and it was a hit!! I substituted the Mayo with Miracle Whip and I couldn't get enough compliments on it. Now I am the one who has to bring it to every function. :o)