Recipe by Nasseh
I have combined a couple of my favorite potato salad recipes to come up with this one. I use it for all the holidays.
Top Review by K9 Owned
Great potato salad! I used all of the suggested ingredients but less of the mayo, pickle juice and cream than indicated. I don't like my potato salad too wet. I also added a good handful of chopped italian parsley. Thanks for posting a recipe I'm sure I will make many times.
Made for Food.Commandos ~ ZWT 7
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled & cut into small chunks
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, cooled & peeled
- 1⁄2 cup dill pickle (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip (sometimes I use a mixture of both) or 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (sometimes I use a mixture of both)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup pickle juice (dill not sweet)
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes until just tender when poked with a fork, remove and drain.
- Place the potatoes into a large bowl & let cool to room temperature. (I like to mash about half of the potatoes then add them back in with the chunks).
- Cut the eggs in half then remove the yolks. Place the yolks into a small bowl used for mixing.
- Add the egg whites & pickles (if using) to a food processor then chop until finely diced. Stir into the potatoes.
- Gently mash the yolks with a fork then mix in the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle juice, cream, sugar & spices.
- Whisk until creamy then pour over potato mixture. Gently stir until the potatoes are coated with the mayo mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.