1/3 Photos of Creamy Potato Salad
I have combined a couple of my favorite potato salad recipes to come up with this one. I use it for all the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled & cut into small chunks
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, cooled & peeled
- 1/2 cup dill pickle (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups Miracle Whip (sometimes I use a mixture of both) or 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (sometimes I use a mixture of both)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup pickle juice (dill not sweet)
- 1/4 cup half-and-half or 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2-1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Boil the potatoes until just tender when poked with a fork, remove and drain.
- 2Place the potatoes into a large bowl & let cool to room temperature. (I like to mash about half of the potatoes then add them back in with the chunks).
- 3Cut the eggs in half then remove the yolks. Place the yolks into a small bowl used for mixing.
- 4Add the egg whites & pickles (if using) to a food processor then chop until finely diced. Stir into the potatoes.
- 5Gently mash the yolks with a fork then mix in the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle juice, cream, sugar & spices.
- 6Whisk until creamy then pour over potato mixture. Gently stir until the potatoes are coated with the mayo mixture.
- 7Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.5
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 501.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: