1/14 Photos of Creamy Potato Salad
1 hr 10 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
Have you ever posted a recipe and just love reading the reviews for it? This is my signature potato salad. Whenever there is a pot luck function at work, I am TOLD that I have to bring the potato salad. No one else is allowed to and I am never given a choice. Thank you everyone who ever tried this potato salad and for leaving such glowing reviews for it. You all have made me look so good. I personally can not stand eggs or raw onions, so I leave them out but I know most people don't think a potato salad is complete without them. Thanks again for so many wonderful reviews. (psssst....check out my Creamy Macaroni Salad as well. It shares the dressing with this recipe but tastes much much different because of the different ingredients) Please see Homemade Fresh Bacon Bits for bacon bit tips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium potatoes (2 pounds)
- 226.79 g bacon, prepared as in Homemade Fresh Bacon Bits
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced celery
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion
- 78.07 ml sweet pickle relish
- 295.73 ml mayonnaise or 295.73 ml salad dressing
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml celery seeds
- 9.85 ml apple cider vinegar
- 9.85 ml prepared mustard
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2 hardboiled egg, coarsely chopped
- 1Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender.
- 2Drain well.
- 3Peel and cube potatoes.
- 4Transfer to a large bowl.
- 5Add celery, onion, sweet relish and bacon bits.
- 6Combine mayo, sugar, celery seed, vinegar, mustard, and salt.
- 7Add mayo mixture to potatoes.
- 8Toss lightly to coat potato mixture.
- 9Carefully fold in the chopped eggs.
- 10Cover and chill thoroughly.
- 11Bacon bit tip: Partially freeze your package of bacon. Use a sharp knife and cut the frozen bacon into long strips about 1/4 inch wide. Turn the bacon and cut the strips into pieces also about 1/4 in wide. You now have perfect raw bacon pieces to fast fry. No need to separate. They will separate during cooking. Perfect bacon bits.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.5
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 1064.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 8.6 g