Recipe by Anu
I found this recipe in the book that was packaged along with my microwave. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds fabulous!
Top Review by Michelle from Central Time
Went together easily (used the little gadget we use to cut french fries to make cubing go faster) and fairly hands-off. We both liked it, esp. after adding a little salt & pepper. Cornflour did not thicken in microwave. 3 smallish potatoes made 3 bowls of soup. We think we can improve on this but it was certainly yummy enough to finish in one sitting.
- 3 cups peeled cubed potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth (I would use water) or 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth (I would use water) or 1 (14 ounce) can water (I would use water)
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cold milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes, onion, salt and broth in a medium casserole, and add parsley.
- Cook, covered, at HIGH for 12 to 13 minutes in a microwave, or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine cornflour with a small amount of cold milk.
- Stir into potato mixture, and add the remaining milk.
- Cook at HIGH for 6 to 7 minutes, or until mixture comes to a boil and is piping hot.
- Stir once or twice during cooking.
- Serve hot with crisp croutons, or toasted bread.
- For Vegetarian use vegetable broth or water.