Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in the book that was packaged along with my microwave. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds fabulous!
- Combine potatoes, onion, salt and broth in a medium casserole, and add parsley.
- Cook, covered, at HIGH for 12 to 13 minutes in a microwave, or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine cornflour with a small amount of cold milk.
- Stir into potato mixture, and add the remaining milk.
- Cook at HIGH for 6 to 7 minutes, or until mixture comes to a boil and is piping hot.
- Stir once or twice during cooking.
- Serve hot with crisp croutons, or toasted bread.
- For Vegetarian use vegetable broth or water.
Went together easily (used the little gadget we use to cut french fries to make cubing go faster) and fairly hands-off. We both liked it, esp. after adding a little salt & pepper. Cornflour did not thicken in microwave. 3 smallish potatoes made 3 bowls of soup. We think we can improve on this but it was certainly yummy enough to finish in one sitting.
This recipe is easy to prepare and I like it that it cooks in the microwave all in one bowl. It took a little longer to cook in my microwave than the stated time. I used vegetable broth and also used my immersion blender after the potatoes were done to smash a few of the potatoes for a thicker soup. The end result was a little bit bland for my taste, but I added a little low fat sour cream, garlic powder, seasoned salt, crushed red pepper, fresh ground black pepper and a sprinkling of parmesan on top. It was still low fat and the taste was great! I will make this again! Thanks for posting Anu!
VERY bland, but had potential. I added tons of stuff to improve the flavor, including white pepper, LOTS of garlic, and who knows what all else. In the end, it came out pretty good, but DH & DDs weren't fans. I had to eat the whole thing by myself over a period of days so I wouldn't have to toss it or let it spoil. Sorry to say I won't be making this one again.