1 hr 5 mins
heather in Ont,'s Note:
This soup is nice thick and creamy soup for a cold day. The bacon, garlic and shallots add a nice light flavour. Nothing overpowering. This soup is very filling. Use 1% milk to cut down on the calories. I served this with a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices bacon
- 4 cups chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped shallot
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced (adjust to your taste)
- 3 1/2 cups yukon gold potatoes or 3 1/2 cups baking potatoes, cubed
- 14 ounces chicken broth (fat free low sodium)
- 2 cups milk (1% low fat)
- 2 tablespoons cream sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp.
- 2Remove bacon from pan; crumble and set aside.
- 3Add mushrooms , shallots and garlic to bacon drippings in pan; sauté 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft. Remove from pan; set aside.
- 4Add potato and broth to pan, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer.
- 5Place potato mixture in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth.
- 6Return the potato mixture to the pan.
- 7Add low-fat milk, mushroom mixture, sherry. salt, and pepper, cook over low heat 10 mintues or until thoroughly heated.
- 8Ladle soup in to bowls and top with crumbled bacon.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Potato-Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.0
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Sodium 724.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 11.9 g