Recipe by kim_michele
This is a combination of a few recipes. I didn't want to have to blend the recipe (more things to wash). Hope you like it (be gentle it is my first recipe that I've posted)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups leeks, chopped (about 3 leeks give or take)
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 medium potatoes, coarsely chopped (about 3.5 lbs give or take)
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or 2 teaspoon fresh thyme)
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pan, melt the butter.
- Add the leeks, celery, onion and garlic.
- Saute over medium heat, until the vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the chicken stock, potatoes, carrots, salt, pepper, & thyme.
- Bring to boil.
- Simmer over medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes, until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Mush potatoes and carrots with spoon against pot, if you like more chunky do less; if you like smooth - do more.
- Add milk, sour cream, cheese, and thyme and return to a light simmer, stirring occasionally.