1 hr 20 mins
With Gorgonzola, pears and pecans--the winner was from Bloomington, IN. This sounds decadent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/3 cup marsala wine
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3 large russet potatoes, 1 1/2 pounds, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large pears, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 cup pecans, lightly toasted, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a small pan filled with water, parboil the garlic cloves, until tender, about 8 minutes. Place cloves and Marsala wine in blender and puree until smooth. Combine with cream and set aside.
- 3Lightly grease an oval au gratin dish or rectangular oven-proof dish and arrange 1/3 of each of the potatoes and the pears. Dot potatoes with 1/3 of the cheese and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Top with 1/3 cup of pecans and 1 teaspoons of the rosemary. Repeat this layering 2 more times.
- 4Pour the garlic cream mixture over the top of the potato layers and bake, covered with foil, for 25 minutes.
- 5Remove foil and bake another 20-35 minutes longer or until almost all of the cream mixture is absorbed and the potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Potato Gratin from Gilroy Garlic Festival
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 677.0
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 96.2 mg
- Sodium 562.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 15.2 g