Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
With Gorgonzola, pears and pecans--the winner was from Bloomington, IN. This sounds decadent.
Make and share this Creamy Potato Gratin from Gilroy Garlic Festival recipe from Food.com.
- 10 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup marsala wine
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 3 large russet potatoes, 1 1/2 pounds, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large pears, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 cup pecans, lightly toasted, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small pan filled with water, parboil the garlic cloves, until tender, about 8 minutes. Place cloves and Marsala wine in blender and puree until smooth. Combine with cream and set aside.
- Lightly grease an oval au gratin dish or rectangular oven-proof dish and arrange 1/3 of each of the potatoes and the pears. Dot potatoes with 1/3 of the cheese and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Top with 1/3 cup of pecans and 1 teaspoons of the rosemary. Repeat this layering 2 more times.
- Pour the garlic cream mixture over the top of the potato layers and bake, covered with foil, for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 20-35 minutes longer or until almost all of the cream mixture is absorbed and the potatoes are tender.