Recipe by perennialtiles
I have a potato soup recipe I love, but I wanted it to be a little less heavy on the carbs (not carb free, but just less). I decided to add cauliflower to replace some of the potatoes, and we couldn't really tell- plus it tasted great. I don't really measure my spices, so do it to your taste.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
What a lovely and delicious soup! Loved the cream cheese and the creamy texture it added to this soup. Easy to make and very filling. I used a carton of chicken stock plus 2 cups water and left off the bullion cube. Otherwise, made as directed with wonderful results.<br/>Made for Spring PAC, April, 2013.
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 6 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups carrots, chopped and steamed
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey ham
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- white pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Bring water to a boil and add potatoes, cauliflower, and chicken bullion. Reduce heat to medium high and cook until very tender, at least 20 minutes.
- 2. Carefully transfer to a blender or food process, or use an immersion blender. Blend in batches, and return soup to the pot.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium. Melt in cream cheese. Season and add garlic.
- 4. Add carrots and ham. Cook till ham and carrots are warmed through.