This is a nice change from regular mashed potatoes, this recipe only serves 2-3 people you could double or triple to serve more --- cooking time does not include cooking the potatoes.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 1-qt baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, sour cream, milk and garlic powder; mix well.
- Spoon half into a greased baking dish, then layer with half of onion rings and cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 mins or until cheese is melted.
This was super easy and a great way to use mashed potatoes left over from another meal. I didn't care for the texture of the baked in onion rings but DH really did. We used fat free milk and fat free sour cream with no adverse taste or texture. Thanks Kitten for a recipe I will make again.
Delicious! For those who like exact ingredient amounts, I used 2 large potatoes, 2 tb butter, 4 tb milk, and the 3 oz container of onion rings. It's the perfect size for 3 side servings. Thanks for sharing the recipe!