Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious side dish that accompanies any type of meal. This is a family and friends favourite. A great comfort food. I throw all the ingredients together so the measurements are approximate.
- 6 -7 medium potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 500 ml pure thickened cream
- 2 (90 g) packetsof dry chicken noodle soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup tasty cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel and cut in half the potatoes. Place the potatoes into a large pot with enough salted water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until tender enough to insert a fork, about 15 minutes. Drain and leave to cool slightly, then slice.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a layer of potato slices in the bottom of a baking dish. Top the potato with a handful of onion and then sprinkle some of the soup mix(until the potato and onions have a thin cover of soup). Repeat the 3 step layering, until ingredients are used up, ending with soup on top. Season with pepper. cover with the cream and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top layer is golden brown.
Real winner with a suprise ingredient - chicken noodle soup dry mix - in it. I don't usually fancy adding dry mixes to foods but this was very good!
Awesome, made this to go with grilled chicken. I followed all the steps except I added an extra packet of chicken soup. (I covered each layer quite thickly with the soup). DH loved this dish and requests these potatoes regulary. Thanks.