Recipe by Triple BQ
My husband saw the commercial the other day for Olive Garden's new sauce and since the nearest Olive Garden is 2 hours away and we don't get there often I desided to try to duplicate what I saw. I checked out Olive Garden's website and looked at thier recipes (of course this one was not posted) but notice most creamy ones were based on their Alfredo Sauce. This is what I came up with.
- 2 large fresh portabella mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the mushrooms in 1/4" slices and then in 1/2.
- In a skillet saute the garlic & mushrooms in the butter 2-3 minutes.
- Add cream, basil, Parmesan and pepper; cook on a medium low temperature for 6-7 minutes, stiring often.
- Stir in drained pasta and toss to coat. Serve immediately.