Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is adapted from Taste of Home's Best of Country Cooking 1999. My DH loves it and that's all that matters!
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 2#)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary (crushed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream (8 ounces)
- Cut tenderloin into 3/4" slices.
- In a shallow dish, combine egg, water, rosemary, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Dip pork slices into egg mixture and then into bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil and butter for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove pork to a 13x9 baking dish.
- In the same skillet, combine soup and sour cream; heat through (do not boil).
- Pour sauce over pork.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
This was very easy to make, and quite tasty. In fact, the only "negative" comment I can think to make is that I believe this is not the best use for pork tenderloin, which is an expensive cut of meat that doesn't need 45 minutes in the oven to be tender. I think next time I make this I will use boneless pork chops; I think it will be just as good and won't cost quite as much. (I might even add a little mustard to the sauce, and perhaps some white wine.) I particularly liked the subtle taste of rosemary in this dish; I often find rosemary overpowering but the amount here is just perfect for me. My family loved this dish; thanks for posting it!
Very easy and the sauce is wonderful! Made this for dinner last night along with mashed potatoes. The sauce doubled as a "gravy" for the potatoes! Thanks Kelly-I'll make this often. I imagine you could use boneless pork chops as well.
I made this last night and everyone kept coming back for more. Good thing I doubled the recipe! The aroma as it cooked was heavenly. I loved that it was so easy to make and the sauce was wonderful. I've already been told to make this one again very soon. Thanks for a great recipe!