1/3 Photos of Creamy Pork Stroganoff
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
A creamy stroganoff using "The Other White Meat". Marinating the pork for 1 hour up to 8 hours is optional, but recommended. Serve over buttered noodles or fluffy white rice. Cook time includes 1 hour marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium white onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1Optional Marinade:.
- 2In a shallow non metal dish, mix together lemon juice, lime juice, honey, and dry mustard. Add pork strips and mix to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1-8 hours. Remove pork and discard remaining marinade.
- 3Melt the butter and oil in heavy frying pan,(I use my dutch oven).
- 4Add onions and cook to soften for 3 - 4 minutes.
- 5Remove the onions with a slotted spoon to a small bowl.
- 6Increase pan heat to medium high, when hot add pork, stirring continuously until browned,(If the pork seems too crowded in your frying pan,you can fry the pork in 2 batches and just add it back to the pan when done browning).
- 7Add mushrooms, onions, mustard, and wine. Bring to a vigorous simmer.
- 8Add the creme fraiche and season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 9Bring to vigorous simmer and cook until reduced to a creamy consistancy.
- 10Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream.
- 11Serve over a bed of rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pork Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.9
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 209.0 mg
- Sodium 199.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 40.4 g