Recipe by jbe467
Original recipe came from a Southern Living Quick-n-Easy Weeknight Meals, and I've modified it to fit not only our taste, but our budget as well. Very tasty, and my kids gobble this one up.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 -5 pork cutlets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 4 -6 pieces bread, lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper in ziplock and shake to mix. Dredge chops in mixture. Set aside.
- Cook pork chops in hot oil in large skillet over high heat 4-5 minutes per side or until browned. Remove chops from skillet.
- Add vinegar and cook 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet.
- Stir in sour cream, sugar, cloves and bay leaves, and remaining 1/4 tsp salt; simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard bay leaves from sauce.
- Plate toast and chop/cut ip chops or leave whole, placing meat on top of toast.
- Pour sauce over meat. Sprinkle with parley. Serve.