Have not tried this yet, but it sounds so good! Pork chops baked in a casserole with a white wine cream sauce,, then topped with Parmesan cheese. This is on my priority list of next recipes to try.
- Coarsley chop cabbage and boil in salted water for about 3 minutes, then drain thoroughly.
- Add salt, pepper and cream, cover and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute pork chops in butter until they are brown and almost cooked through.
- Remove chops and season them with salt and pepper.
- Stir white wine into the saute pan juices and add a pinch of sage.
- Simmer wine for a few minutes, then stir juice into creamed cabbage.
- Spread half the cabbage in the bottom of a casserole.
- Add pork chops, then cover them with the rest of the cream and cabbage.
- Sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese and drizzle with a little melted butter.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.