1/3 Photos of Creamy Pork Chops, Mushroom and Potato Casserole
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Total comfort food! You will need 3/4-inch thick pork chops for this, make certain to slice the potatoes the same thickness as the chops to assure that both are cooked at the same time. You can use fresh mushrooms instead of canned but they will need to be sauteed firstly to release their liquid. Serve this with hot cooked buttered egg noodles and green beans!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 boneless pork chops (about 3/4-inch thick)
- seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 medium russet potatoes (sliced about 3/4-inch thick)
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced (can use 1 onion)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 small celery ribs, finely diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom pieces, well drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluited
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded old cheddar cheese, divided
- 1Het oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3Heat oil with butter in a skillet.
- 4Season the chops with seasoned salt and black pepper, add to the skillet and lightly brown on both sides; remove to a plate and set aside.
- 5To the same skillet (add in more butter and/or oil if needed) add in onion, garlic, celery and mushroom pieces; saute for about 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- 6Arrange the potato slices in the buttered baking dish, then top with the onion/celery mixture.
- 7In a bowl combine the mushroom soup with sour cream, milk and Parmesan cheese, 1 cup grated old cheddar cheese, 1 teaspoon seasoned salt and black pepper to taste.
- 8Spoon the soup mixture over the potatoes and onions.
- 9Arrange the browned chops on top.
- 10Cover with foil and bake about 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until the chops and potatoes are tender.
- 11Remove from oven and sprinkle with about 1 cup (or more or less) grated old cheddar cheese, then return to oven uncovered for another 8-10 minutes.
- 12Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pork Chops, Mushroom and Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1013.9
- Calories from Fat 502
- Total Fat 55.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 248.8 mg
- Sodium 1215.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 75.0 g