Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Ahh, comfort food at it's best! Great for a quick weeknight meal. Ready in less than an hour.
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- garlic salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 0.5 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9x13 glass pan with non-stick spray.
- Brown the pork chops in oil and garlic. Season liberally with garlic salt and black pepper.
- While the pork chops are cooking, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour into the 9x13 pan.
- Place pork chops on top of the rice mixture and pour the pan dripping over the pork chops.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Great dish, I do add cooked fresh mushrooms and onions and omit the onion flakes and reduce the salt. It's one of my favorites, I should have reviewed this along time ago.
This recipe was awful! The rice after cooking for 45 minutes was still hard and the mixture was very soupy...will not make again!
My husband loved this. We will make it again.