Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
this is great on a spinach salad
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free Miracle Whip (or use reduced fat or regular)
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk (or fat-free half and half cream)
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar (or use Splenda)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or use white vinegar)
- 2 -4 tablespoons poppy seeds
- In a bowl whisk the first 4 ingredients until smooth and combined.
- Mix in poppy seeds.
- Chill until ready to use.
pretty good! i used 1 Tbs of white vinigar and 1 Tbs of lemon juice. i also only used 2 Tbs of sugar and about 1/8cup milk. next time might use 3 Tbs of lemon juice in place of the vinegar and milk, did find it a little runny still and has a fairly strong vinegar smell but tastes great!
Made for 1~2~3 Hits. I really enjoyed the flavor of this dressing. I did, however, think that it was a little on the thin side. Will make this again and reduce the amount of milk. Thanks for posting this Kitten!
Update: Made this up with buttermilk, which gave it a nice tang. Served this dressing to one of our friends and he was literally licking his salad bowl with his finger...then worked on his wife's! We are making up the full recipe these days!!! April 23/09: I cut it in half (as I am feeding 3 these days)...used 1/2 fat Hellmans (it is not as tangy as Miracle Whip) 1% milk, Splenda (because I had it and wanted to use it up) and apple cider vinegar. I served this with romaine lettuce, chopped mango, sweet onion, dark raisins and cherry tomatoes. There is enough dressing for 2 meals. If you are serving this to company, make sure that there are toothpicks available to get the poppy seeds out of the teeth. Otherwise, fabulous dressing!!! Thanks, Kitten!!!