Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful, easy dish that makes a quick mid-week meal. My friend brought this to me when I was sick and it was great comfort food!
- 709.77 ml chopped cooked chicken
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 226.79 g carton sour cream
- 14.79 ml poppy seed
- 354.88 ml crushed crushed round buttery crackers (40 crackers)
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- Combine the first 4 ingredients and spoon into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Combine crushed crackers and butter.
- Sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 minutes.
Loved this! Used recipe #360192 and light organic sour cream. Didn't have enough buttery crackers so added some poppy seed gourmet crackers. Just about any cracker would work well. Made this and froze, then thawed and baked. So, so good and the cracker topping was nice and crunchy. A favorite of my pickiest child :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I knew this casserole would be very rich so I decided to add some sauteed onion, celery and mushrooms to the chicken mixture. I liked the flavor and texture they added. It does need additional salt and pepper however, otherwise it is darn near perfection.
wow- this was awesome. I had planned to use a rotisserie chicken from my grocery store, but all they had was cooked turkey. Turned out great- I'm a much bigger fan of chicken than turkey, but the bf thought it was fantastic. I've eaten this at a friends house a long time ago, and I remembered her mom said the secret ingredient was the club house crackers instead of the "round buttery" ones. They rocked! thanks for the share!!!