Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This is delicious with any braised dish but I like to serve it with my recipe for Braised Rabbit in Tuscan Sauce. Originally from a November 1984 issue of Bon Appetit that featured a Tuscan Dinner for 8.
- 1 1⁄2-2 quarts chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- 5 cups water
- 2 -3 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄3 cups polenta (finely ground yellow cornmeal)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, minced
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, minced
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 1 quart stock, 5 cups water and 2 teaspoons salt to boil in heavy 8-quart saucepan.
- Whisk in cornmeal in thin stream,adjusting heat to maintain slow bubbles.
- Stir polenta constantly with wooden spoon until sheets fall from lifted spoon, adding more stock if necessary to maintain creamy consistancy, about 30 minutes.
- (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover surface with plastic and let stand at room temperature. Rewarm over low heat, stirring constantly. Thin with stock if necessary.).
- Stir in green onion, butter,parsley, and pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve immediately.