Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is delicious with any braised dish but I like to serve it with my recipe for Braised Rabbit in Tuscan Sauce. Originally from a November 1984 issue of Bon Appetit that featured a Tuscan Dinner for 8.
- Bring 1 quart stock, 5 cups water and 2 teaspoons salt to boil in heavy 8-quart saucepan.
- Whisk in cornmeal in thin stream,adjusting heat to maintain slow bubbles.
- Stir polenta constantly with wooden spoon until sheets fall from lifted spoon, adding more stock if necessary to maintain creamy consistancy, about 30 minutes.
- (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover surface with plastic and let stand at room temperature. Rewarm over low heat, stirring constantly. Thin with stock if necessary.).
- Stir in green onion, butter,parsley, and pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve immediately.
This was my first attempt at polenta and it was good. Didn't take 30 minutes to cook though (more like 15-20), and was fairly easy to make. Thanks Leslie.