Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an amazing alternative to mashed potatoes! It's creamy, rich and all around great comfort food! Don't be hesitant about the blue cheese the flavour is subtle in the prepared dish. If you can't get gorgonzola try Stilton, or Roquefort or any good quality blue cheese. I love this dish anytime-warm, cold, at dinner or as a midnight snack-yum!
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (13 ounce) package instant polenta
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces gorgonzola, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot, combine water, sea salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-high and slowly stir in the polenta until it is thick and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, Gorgonzola, salt and pepper to the polenta and stir until the cheese melts. Season with more salt and pepper to taste and serve.