Recipe by Steph KP
Super creamy, tasty polenta, made especially for 2 people. As far as creamy polenta goes, this recipe is pretty fool-proof. Starting the liquids off cold prevents clumps from forming. I've been using this recipe now for a while and it's pretty forgiving. Cheers!
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup coarse ground cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour chicken stock, fat free milk and coarse ground corn into a cold pot.
- Turn burner on Medium/Medium-High.
- Bring contents of pot to a simmer.
- Simmer until contents are no longer "wet" - corn has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Turn burner off and add cheddar cheese, cream cheese, salt and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Serve warm.