Recipe by CindiJ
I had been wanting to try a good AND easy Polenta recipe and after watching Cook's Country recently I thought I could do this! This is very good, super easy and pairs wonderfully with Beef Stew and could easily be a main course!
- 7 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups polenta (Coarse Ground Corn Meal)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brint water to boil in 4 quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in salt and baking soda. Slowly pour cornmeal into water in steady stream, while stirring back and forth with wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Bring mixture to boil, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to lowest possible setting and cover.
- After 5 minutes, whisk polenta to smooth out any lumps that may have formed for about 15 seconds. Cover and continue to cook, without stirring for approximately 25 minutes. You want the polenta to be tender but slightly al dente.
- Remove from heat, stir in butter and Parmesan, season to taste with fresh ground black pepper. Let stand covered 5 minutes.
- The polenta will be loose, but thickens as it cools. Garnish with additional Parmesan if desired.