Recipe by Studentchef
I found this on Aish.com. Since I love cheese, this is the perfect recipe for me!
Top Review by under12parsecs
This is seriously so far beyond good that I don't know how to describe it! Heavenly maybe? Or the epitome of creamy, dreamy comfort food? I love love love that you get a touch of tang along with divine creaminess from the creme fraiche. I added a bit of white wine halfway through cooking and a sprinkle of chive at the end. SO so so good!
- 1 cup cornmeal or 1 cup polenta
- 1 cup grated gruyere or 1 cup swiss cheese
- 8 ounces creme fraiche or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- .In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Whisk in polenta, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened and soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese, crème fraiche, salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.