Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this on Aish.com. Since I love cheese, this is the perfect recipe for me!
- 1 cup cornmeal or 1 cup polenta
- 1 cup grated gruyere or 1 cup swiss cheese
- 8 ounces creme fraiche or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- .In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Whisk in polenta, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened and soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese, crème fraiche, salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
This is seriously so far beyond good that I don't know how to describe it! Heavenly maybe? Or the epitome of creamy, dreamy comfort food? I love love love that you get a touch of tang along with divine creaminess from the creme fraiche. I added a bit of white wine halfway through cooking and a sprinkle of chive at the end. SO so so good!
This was very good, quick and creamy. The recipe was reduced by half and plain yogurt was used instead of sour cream. The polenta was done in about half the time. Served with Saucy Slowcooker Steak for a very satisfying meal. Made for ZWT7.