Lean pork chops cooked in a spicy cream sauce.
Make and share this Creamy Poblano Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 4 pork chops, bone- in, 1/2 thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons southwest Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons poblano peppers, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons vermouth
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancream poblano soup, campbell's
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove visible fat from chops & sprinkle with Emeril's seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan & quickly brown the chops on both sides.
- Remove meat to a baking dish & add onion & poblano to oil. Cook & stir till both soften, 3-4 minutes.
- Add minced garlic & cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in wine to deglaze the pan.
- Stir in soup & cilantro. Heat through.
- Pour sauce mixture over pork chops, cover tightly with foil & bake for 45 minutes.
- Before serving, garnish with additional cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Susie: SOOOOO flavorful! I was unable to find canned poblano soup (in Arizona . . . go figure), so used Campbell's new Southwester Corn Chowder and it was spectacular. I had thick cut pork chops . . however next time I think I'll use thinner chops. VERY GOOD! Thanks for sharing