Toby Jermain's Note:
This recipe was originally served over cornbread waffles, which were a real big pain to make. Make cornbread instead! It's just as good and definitely gives you something to soak up the gravy !!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 poblano chiles, seeded and diced
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, fat discarded,washed,dried,and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1Prepare biscuits, and bake while fixing chicken.
- 2Melt butter in a Dutch oven or large heavy saucepan.
- 3Add onion, poblanos, and garlic, and saute for 5 minutes.
- 4Add chicken, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 5Stir in soup and sour cream.
- 6Add cheese, and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for an additional 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 7Serve over Cornbread Biscuits.
- 8Cornbread Biscuits: Stir together the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 9In a small bowl, stir together egg, milk, melted butter, and corn.
- 10When combined, add to dry mixture, and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 11Pour into a well greased 10" pie plate or 9x9" square pan.
- 12Score into wedges or squares, and bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes or until done and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Poblano Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (620 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1067.6
- Calories from Fat 534
- Total Fat 59.4 g
- Saturated Fat 35.4 g
- Cholesterol 272.3 mg
- Sodium 2075.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 56.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream of chicken and mushroom soup