1/1 Photo of Creamy Pizza Sauce and Topping
A delicious healthy alternative to traditional cheese topping. I came up with this because I wanted a pesto type sauce for my pizza that provided more protein and less fat than traditional pesto. Also good as a sauce for pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth - make sure there are no tofu bits visible.
- 2Spread the mixture on a 16" (approx) pizza crust of your choice. Whole grain crust is healthiest.
- 3Top with your favorite toppings such as mushrooms, black olives, chopped artichoke hearts, baby spinach, etc.
- 4If you wish you can sprinkle a little parmesan or other grated cheese on top as well.
- 5Bake like regular pizza - I use a 400 degree oven until hot in center, about 12 minute.
- 6Notes: Silken tofu is the kind that comes in the aseptic shelf-stable boxes. As a variation, you can use chopped frozen spinach that is thawed and squeezed dry in place of basil.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pizza Sauce and Topping
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 176.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 7.1 g