Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This a wonderful party appetizer served with crackers or slices of baguette, but the leftovers are terrific with toasted bagels for breakfast.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can sockeye salmon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- Drain the salmon and remove the bones.
- In a food processor or blender, process the salmon, lemon juice, dillweed, and pepper until well blended.
- Add the cheese and eggs, process until pureed.
- Stir in the pistachios.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Spoon into a serving bowl or crock.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
This was too bland. There wasn't much taste, other than the salmon. The flavors just didn't blend and I refrigerated it overnight.