Prep 12 hrs 6 mins
Cook 5 hrs
It is good to have on a hot day to cool off or if you have them for desert after a party they are just good over all
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 Earl Grey teabags
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- finely chopped pistachios
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring evaporated milk to a simmer until small bubbles form around the circumference of the pot.
- Meanwhile, snip the tops of the tea bags and add to the milk.
- Whisk in cardamom.
- Once the milk is simmering, turn the heat off, cover and let sit and steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain the evaporated milk into a large bowl.
- Whisk in the condensed milk, heavy cream and pistachios.
- Either pour the mixture into ice pop molds, small bowls or a large bowl.
- Cover the bowls with a piece of plastic wrap to avoid freezer burn and the formation of a "skin".
- Pop them into the freezer and freeze overnight.
- When you're ready to serve, run the ice pop mold under hot water to loosen it.
- You can do the same thing for the smaller bowls if you'd like to serve it as a little kulfi half dome.
- Garnish with more nuts if you like and serve.