1/3 Photos of Creamy Pinto Soup
White Rose Child's Note:
This great soup can be on the table in less than 30 minutes.It's so easy, and I've made it so many times, that I memorized the recipe! Serve with lots of whole-wheat bread for dipping, mmm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped (size depending on how hot you like it)
- 3 cups cooked pinto beans
- 2 cups sodium-free vegetable broth or 2 cups bean stock
- 1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped or 1 1/2 cups use canned tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1Soften the onions, garlic and pepper in water for 5-10 minutes. Prepare other ingredients.
- 2Add remaining ingredients except salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, mostly covered, 10-15 minutes.
- 3In 2 batches, puree the soup in a food processor until creamy(haven't tried the blender, though that would probably work too). Add salt to taste, if desired.
- 4Return to pot and keep over low heat until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pinto Soup
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.7
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sodium-free vegetable broth