Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
Here's another strange combo that works incredibly well...dessert with pasta! Orzo is a rice-shaped pasta that can be found along side the regular pasta. This dessert is very creamy and absolutely delicious! Prep time does not include draining or chilling time.
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) packagegiant ladyfingers
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained,reserving 1/3 cup juice
- 1 (28 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained and rinsed under cold water
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 3⁄4 cups cold milk
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding (4 serving size)
- 2 cups Cool Whip or 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta for about 6 minutes or until tender but firm.
- Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, line an 11 by 7 inch baking dish with lady fingers.
- Cut lady fingers if necessary to cover bottom of dish.
- Brush lady fingers with reserved pineapple juice.
- Reserve about 8 slices of the peaches for garnish.
- Layer remaining peaches over lady fingers.
- Sprinkle with pineapple.
- Place ricotta cheese in a large bowl.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add milk and instant pudding mix.
- Whisk for about 2 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cooked orzo pasta.
- Pour mixture over pineapple layer.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Cover pasta layer with Cool Whip (or whipping cream).
- Garnish with reserved peach slices.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.