Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Deliciously creamy tortellini recipe that's healthy. I got this from Fitness Magazine's website.
- 2 (9 ounce) packages frozen cheese tortellini (or ravioli) or 2 (9 ounce) packagesfresh light cheese tortellini (or ravioli)
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄4 lb ham, cubed
- Cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water until al dente. For the last 2 minutes of cooking, add zucchini and peppers. Drain in colander.
- Add half-and-half, pesto, and ham to pot. Heat over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Return pasta and vegetables to pot; toss with sauce to coat. Remove from heat. Let stand for 10 minutes to thicken slightly before serving.
This was yummy! I was missing a few ingredients, so used green capsicum rather than red and yellow. Had no half and half, so just used milk and some cheese for the sauce. Made my own pesto which was awesome and added some mushrooms cooked in butter since they needed using. Followed instructions as written. I probably didn't make enough sauce for the pasta, but it was still delicious.