Recipe by Irmgard
I found this recipe on another site and decided to try it. It is very easy to prepare, elegant enough for a dinner party and can be easily halved for a special dinner for two. A great way to use up leftover cooked shrimp. Serve with a side dish of steamed asparagus.
Top Review by Soobeeoz
This was simple, quick & tasty. I bought raw, shelled & deveined prawns which I stir-fried separately in a little olive oil along with some hot chilli flakes and freshly cracked black pepper. I added salt & plenty of black pepper & chilli flakes to the sauce, mixed the cooked prawns through, then added the pasta. I used bucatini, bottled pesto, & low-fat milk.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 11 ounces linguine
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 1 lb large shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water for the pasta.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Stir in the flour until smooth and then add the milk, stirring constantly.
- Season with pepper.
- Add the linguine to the boiling water and cook for 10 minutes or to your own taste.
- Stir the Parmesan cheese into the cream sauce.
- Blend in the pesto and cook for a few minutes on low until thickened. Thin the sauce with more milk if it gets too thick.
- Stir in the shrimp and red pepper flakes (if using)to heat the shrimp through.
- Serve over hot linguine.