Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The Keno girls have played monthly for 15 years and each one of us takes our turn hosting. We prepare a special meal and dessert and a spend a fun evening together. This is another meal Laura served and it was so delicious and different.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add linguine pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in cream, and season with pepper.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir Parmesan cheese into cream sauce, stirring until thoroughly mixed.
- Blend in the pesto, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Stir in the shrimp, and cook until they turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- (or add cooked, diced chicken breast).
- Serve over the hot linguine.
This was great! I made it during the holiday's for my husband & M-I-L. They both raved about it. I used pre-cooked chicken strips & added mushrooms. It was unbelievably easy - great for a busy weeknight or when you're too tired to cook. It's a keeper.
this dish was awsome!!!! my 7 & 8 year old boys love pesto, & this just hit the spot. i used chicken in mine.thank you,thank you for a wonderful pasta dish. this is a keeper for sure.