1/1 Photo of Creamy Pesto Shrimp
Ridiculously easy to make, this shrimp is oh-so-wonderful-tasty and rich. Not for those watching your fat intake, but hey... everything in moderation, right?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb spinach linguine or 1 lb regular linguine
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole shallot, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted in warm water (measurement before reconstituting)
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/4-1/2 cup romano cheese or 1/4-1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated,for garnish
- freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
- 1Cook linguini according to package directions.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 4Toss in the minced garlic, shallot, mushrooms, and reconstituted sundried tomatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, then stir in half and half and season with pepper.
- 5Cook 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring.
- 6Stir the Parmesan into the creamy mixture, stirring until well mixed.
- 7Stir in the pesto, and cook for about 5 minutes, until thickened.
- 8Stir in the shrimp and cook until they turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- 9Re-heat the linguini (either in boiling water or microwave) and serve shrimp and sauce over the hot pasta.
- 10Garnish with grated Romano and freshly ground black pepper.
- 11Note: this recipe also works well with 1 pound of lump crab instead of shrimp.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pesto Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.7
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 184.3 mg
- Sodium 946.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: