Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ridiculously easy to make, this shrimp is oh-so-wonderful-tasty and rich. Not for those watching your fat intake, but hey... everything in moderation, right?
- 1 lb spinach linguine or 1 lb regular linguine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole shallot, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted in warm water (measurement before reconstituting)
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup romano cheese or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated,for garnish
- freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
- Cook linguini according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Toss in the minced garlic, shallot, mushrooms, and reconstituted sundried tomatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, then stir in half and half and season with pepper.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring.
- Stir the Parmesan into the creamy mixture, stirring until well mixed.
- Stir in the pesto, and cook for about 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook until they turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- Re-heat the linguini (either in boiling water or microwave) and serve shrimp and sauce over the hot pasta.
- Garnish with grated Romano and freshly ground black pepper.
- Note: this recipe also works well with 1 pound of lump crab instead of shrimp.
Wow! These prawns are rich! I didn't have a shallot and so used white onion, but did the rest of the recipe the same. I'll be making this one again!!!!! Thanks Julesong! It made for a great romantic dinner!!!
Oh this was fabulous, Julesong. WOW is about all I can think of to say. My husband wanted to know what the special occasion was. The sauce was very rich and we love pesto so that made it even better. Looked great with the green noodles. An unexpected suprise for us. Thanks.
This is really delicious and I will definitely make it again! I couldn%u2019t find sun-dried tomatoes so I left them out. I did everything else the same as the recipe and it turned out great. Thank you for sharing!